Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CE #3

Gay Marriage On or Off?

I believe that Proposition 8 is completely ridiculous. I do not understand how the California Government can give homosexuals the right to get married and then just take it all away from them in one day. I think that gay people have the same rights as anyone else and aren't we all equal under the law? There is always going to be a minority that does not get the same rights that everyone else has. First it was the native americans and blacks, then the women, and now the homosexuals. If we are supposed to be the land of the free we should give every person, man, woman, black, white, gay, straight, tall, short, the same rights as everyone else. I hope that the rest of the United States can come to realize that the people we deny those rights to aren't any different than you and me.

No comments: