Friday, June 5, 2009

Senior Post 2

Tick, tock, tick, tock. The clock is counting down the seconds until I get to leave this jail of a building just to come back again tomorrow. Tick, tock, tick, tock. The teacher is up front giving a lecture about something that’s really of no interest to me. Tick, tock, tick, tock. “Katie do you have the answer?” Oh man. I should have been paying attention. Tick, tock, tick, tock. The teacher is waiting. I scramble and look at the board. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Thank God, I know the answer. I give the teacher my answer and she gives me a look. The, you better pay attention or there’s going to be a problem, look. And then I realized I really should be paying attention. Tick, tock, tick, tock. The bell rings, it’s time to go home. Education is a very important part in a teenager’s life, contrary to popular belief. Many kids think that school is worthless but in reality we all need our education. Our generation is supposed to fix the problems of the future and we need to be educated to be able to do that. We need history classes to learn the mistakes of the past so we do not repeat them again in the future. We need English to be able to read, speak and write correctly. We need the sciences to find out how everything works and reacts with each other. And finally we need math to teach us the fundamentals to life and how everything works. Teachers are the most fundamental part of the education process. Without them we would learn nothing. Sometimes we may hate them for the crazy amount of homework but we learn great life lesson about time management and how to work in groups. I have thought that after my career as an engineer I want to become a teacher. Being a teacher give you the opportunity to completely change a person’s life. I know that my teachers have changed my life for both better and worse. I hope that I can take what they have taught me and apply it to my own teaching methods later on in life. I would like to thank every teacher I have had for the past twelve years of my life because without them I would not be the person I am today.

No comments: