Friday, June 5, 2009

Senior Post 3

My favorite high school memory was not when school was actually in session. It was last summer in Hampton Virginia. My favorite memories in High school are from Engineering Governor’s School. These four weeks were like one giant favorite memory because I had the best time of my life there. On the first day we moved into our dorms. We stayed in the dorms at Christopher Newport University and got to work at the NASA Langley Research Center. At this mentorship we basically got to live on our own, with four adult Resident Assistants. There were 18 of us, 12 for the Engineering Mentorship and 6 for the Virginia Institute of Marine Science Mentorship, 8 girls, 10 guys. We all became the best of friends. At this mentorship I got to meet the president of the National Institute of Aerospace, the Chief of Science at the NASA Langley Research Center, and the producers and hosts of the show NASA 360. We worked every weekday from 8 to 5 and would relax on weekends. Every weekend we had a group trip. We went to Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and the beach. At this summer program I made one of the best friends of my entire life. His name is Nick Tibbetts. Nick and I spent almost every minute together. We became very close and shared everything with one another. One of my favorite memories was four nights before we left when Nick I decided to stay up all night long and work on our research papers and my movie project. We were in our separate rooms but talked on the computer the entire night while staying up on energy drinks and sugar. The next day we both went to work and were completely exhausted, so exhausted that when we came back to the dorm we were sitting in my room and I lied down on my bed for a second and Nick was leaning against the wall at the end of my bed. We both ended up falling asleep and didn’t wake up till the next morning. It was so funny because no one made him move back to his room when it was curfew because everyone, even the R.A.’s knew how tired we were. There were many other great memories with some other very close friends of mine, Wesley, Jon, Greg, Jake, Sam, Keia, Lara, and Lauren. This experience gave me a taste of the independence and the fun that college will bring, and I can’t wait.

No comments: